The mission of Mohave Community College’s Community Education is to serve its communities by providing lifelong learning and personal enrichment. The courses offered allow participants to stretch their imaginations, expand their minds, challenge their intellects, and enhance their physical well-being. Community Education offers classes in five areas of emphasis:
- Adventure and Discovery. These courses explore history or science and nature, include field trips and study tours, teach sports, games, recreation, and more.
- Creative Expressions. These courses provide adults the opportunity to explore their interests in fine arts, crafts, music, dance, theatre arts and film, home arts, literature and writing, and more.
- Healthy Living. These courses include classes and activities in nutrition, well-being, fitness, holistic health, as well as Healthcare Provider CPR required for many healthcare professionals.
- Training Skills and Computer Courses. In these classes, community members can focus on business and finance, languages, computer technology, animal training, vehicle operation and maintenance, and personal expressions including fashion, make-up, and self-confidence courses.
- Saturdays @ MCC are half-day, non-credit classes. The topics are varied and include art, genealogy, technology, and more.
For more information, visit the Community Education webpage, the Course Schedules webpage, and/or call MCC Connect .
The mission of Mohave Community College’s Corporate Education office is to help area businesses build productivity and profitability through education and training. MCC’s Corporate Education office provides customized employee and management training at your business location or on an MCC campus. We start by analyzing what skills are needed for your company to succeed and then structure training to bring your personnel up to that skill level. Courses cover a broad spectrum from basic customer service and personal and professional development to sales and marketing, team-building, and computer and communications skills.
In addition, Corporate Education can provide training that is specific to your business or industry such as industry-wide education including the Production Technician Certificate (PTC) and manufacturing skills. Your personnel need not travel out of town or be away from their assigned duties for days at a time.
The links on our webpage will help you explore all the ways in which MCC’s Corporate Education office can help your business be successful. Companies wanting to build teamwork, cooperation, and leadership skills will want to explore the Challenge Course program. For more information and related resources, visit the Corporate Education webpage and/or call MCC Connect .
Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Mohave Community College Small Business Development Center is a cooperative program between the U.S. Small Business Administration, the AZSBDC Network, and Mohave Community College.
The Small Business Development Center works with new business start-ups and existing businesses in Mohave County providing confidential and free one-on-one counseling, business plan assistance, market feasibility and research, cash flow analysis, SBA loan assistance, assistance with government contracting, and much more. They also offer affordable workshops and seminars that can help entrepreneurs gain the knowledge and skills needed to succeed. For more information, visit the Small Business Development Center webpage and/or contact MCC Connect .