CUL 215 - Artisan Breads
Prerequisite: This course needs written permission of the program coordinator. This course requires a minimum COMPASS reading score of 70 or successful completion of PCS 021 to enroll. Special conditions:
- Must be able to stand for five hours
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must wear required uniform, closed toed safety shoes, scull cap and/or hair net and apron
- Must be able to wear safety gloves
- Exposure to untraditional or limited personal breaks
- May be subjected to self-inflicted skin burns and cuts
- No nail polish or acrylic nails are permitted in the program.
- No visible piercing (other than a post earring) are permitted in the program.
Description: Students will progress from baking to specialized baking of specialty, decorative, and artisan breads. Traditional artisan bread making techniques will be mastered. Students will produce artisan breads at the retail and wholesale production levels that meet marketing requirements and quality control standards.
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3
Notes: This course will be retired in the fall 2016-17 academic year.
Search Course Schedule for availability
Add to Portfolio