CUL 113 - Saucier: “The Art of Stocks, Soups, and Sauces”
Prerequisite: CUL 111 , CUL 115 or permission of culinary faculty
Description: Students will immerse themselves in the culinary art of the Saucier (a master of stocks, soups, and sauces). Students learn to prepare a variety of stocks, soups, and sauces. Various thickening mixtures and convenience products will be used.
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 4
- Must be able to stand for five hours
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must wear required uniform, closed toed safety shoes, scull cap and/or hair net and apron
- Must be able to wear safety gloves
- Exposure to untraditional or limited personal breaks
- May be subjected to self-inflicted skin burns and cuts
- No nail polish or acrylic nails are permitted in the program.
- No visible piercings (except one post earring) are permitted in the program.
Search Course Schedule for availability
Add to Portfolio