This program of study was modified on May 14, 2012.
See Addendum for specific changes.
- HES 113 and CPR at the health care provider level.
- Appropriate score on the COMPASS exam (reading, writing and math) or successful completion of and TRM 090 .
- Successful completion of BIO 100 . STU 103 is required for students without previous 100-level or higher college experience.
Health Policy for Surgical Technology
Upon admission, students will be required to:
- Sign a waiver releasing Mohave Community College from the responsibility for injury or illness resulting from exposure to disease, medicines or treatments, and sign a release of medical information.
- Present evidence of two-step tuberculosis testing within the past year.
- Provide a documentation of measles, mumps, rubella immunizations, and a varicella titer.
- Provide evidence of HBV vaccination series or declination.
- Provide documentation of physical examination within six months prior to admission to surgical technology program demonstrating the student’s ability to perform the essential functions of the designated profession with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Provide evidence of a negative drug screen.
Requirements for Completion of Surgical Technology Program
Students who choose to pursue a baccalaureate degree need to be aware that the surgical technology courses are specialized to produce a surgical technologist in a two-year period of time. Other colleges and universities may not offer equivalent training and they may not grant any transfer credit.
This two-year program prepares the student to take the national certification examination for Surgical Technology. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) in cooperation with the Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology.
In order to progress within the Surgical Technology Program and achieve status as a candidate for graduation, the student must achieve a minimum of a 75 percent in all Surgical Technology courses and pass Clinical Lab and Clinical Site Competencies.