May 22, 2024  
2017-2018 Catalog 
2017-2018 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Financial Information

Tuition Rates

Mohave Community College’s tuition rates and fees are among the most affordable in the state of Arizona. Students who complete the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) core classes before transferring to a university will save more than $6,000 in tuition alone. Students who complete an associate of arts, business, or science degree at MCC before going on to an in-state university will save more than $12,000 in tuition alone compared with those students who spend their first two years at a university.

All tuition and fees are to be paid at the time of registration. Some programs, courses, and activities at MCC have additional fees associated with them. Please see the Fees   section for a complete list of fees. Financial Aid is available in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, and employment. MCC also offers a tuition payment plan.

Mohave Community College reserves the right to change or withdraw, without notice, curriculum, policies, tuition or any other matters described in college publications or online.

Important: Enrollment will be dropped if payment or payment arrangements are not made by the payment due date. Students are responsible for dropping classes if they do not plan to attend.

Type of Student Cost (per credit hour)
In-state students $81.00
Out-of-state students $283.50
Western Undergraduate Exchange   $121.50
 Western Undergraduate Exchange

Mohave Community College participates in the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) tuition program. Students who may request this tuition rate must be:

  1. Residents of eligible states, or
  2. Students who have not met Arizona residency requirements and have most recently lived in an eligible state.

Eligible states are Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Technology, laboratory, and course fees are the same as for in-state students. All certificates are eligible for the WUE rate if the student is a resident of an eligible state. MCC excludes Allied Health courses with the following prefixes from the WUE rate: DEH, NUR, PTA, RAD, and SGT. WUE students in these programs must pay out-of-state tuition. The tuition rate for these courses is $283.50 per credit hour. Full-time enrollment under WUE status does not count toward establishing Arizona residency for tuition purposes; see Residency Requirements .

Senior Citizen Tuition Rate

A Senior Citizen Tuition Rate applies to students who meet Arizona state residency requirements   and are at least 62 years of age at the time of registration. Tuition for credit courses is set at 50% of the regular tuition as set by the Governing Board. All fees for credit courses (technology fees, lab fees, etc.) are set at 100%.

First Time Student Tuition Rate

To provide an opportunity for those who might not otherwise “try out” college, MCC offers first-time students a one course tuition rate of 50% of the approved tuition per credit hour. All fees for credit courses (technology fees, lab fees, etc.) are set at 100%.  Only applicable on select courses. 

Active Duty Military Only

MCC has created a military-friendly environment by setting tuition for active duty military only that will be no higher than the established MCC Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) rate.

  • Arizona statute will still define residence for active duty military.
  • Those who do not qualify for AZ residency, and are located in states outside the WUE states, will be eligible for the WUE rate.
  • MCC excludes Allied Health courses with the following prefixes from the WUE rate: DEH, EMS, NUR, PTA, RAD, and SGT.

Methods of Payment

MCC accepts personal checks, MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express, money orders, and cash. The following options are available:

  • Pay the full tuition and fee payment at the time of registration.
  • Pay the full tuition and fee payment by the payment deadline. Student may make multiple payments as long as full payment has been received by the payment deadline.
  • Receive a Financial Aid Award notification by the payment deadline.
  • Enroll in a tuition payment plan available online with Nelnet Business Solutions.

Note: If tuition and fees will be paid by a third party, it is the responsibility of the student to ensure all required documentation is provided to the Bursar’s Office prior to the payment due date.

Student Tuition Payment Plan

eCashier image

Mohave Community College has contracted with Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) to provide various payment options to assist students in paying for college. MCC is pleased to offer e-Cashier as a convenient online payment plan. Using e-Cashier, students may select installment plans that are spread over several months, depending on when they register. Payments can be made online from a checking or savings account or credit card. The only cost to participate in the e-Cashier payment plan is a $25.00 per semester nonrefundable fee. Note that enrollment fees and down payments are processed immediately. The e-Cashier payment plan is not a loan program; there is no debt incurred, no credit search is conducted, and there are no interest or finance charges assessed by NBS on the unpaid balance.

Payment plans available through e-Cashier include the following benefits:

  • Convenient online enrollment
  • Monthly payment plans
  • Flexible payment options
  • Automatic payment processing
  • No interest
  • Email notifications
  • Automatic bank payments
  • Credit card payment options (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover)

To register for classes and take advantage of the payment plan option, complete the following steps:

  1. Go to JICS/myMohave and sign in.
  2. Select your classes* and then click on the “Payment” tab.
  3. Select year/term, then the “Submit” button for the e-Cashier icon to appear. Select this to be directed to the NBS page that provides information on how to sign-up for the plan, how to select a payment schedule, and how to make payments.
  4. Review the frequently asked questions.

*Note: If you have already registered, go to JICS/myMohave and click on “Payment” tab. There you can select the year and term you wish to enroll in, then select the “Submit” button. Click on the e-Cashier icon and you will be directed to the information mentioned above. If at any time, a student misses a scheduled payment within their payment plan arrangement, the college will place an Accounts Receivable (AR) hold onto the student account. After 24 hours if the student has not paid, the student will be administratively withdrawn from all classes. Once payment in full is received, student may be reinstated back into classes.

Financial Aid Programs

To help students meet the financial obligations of college attendance, Mohave Community College administers a varied and comprehensive financial aid program. Financial aid is designed to bridge the gap between the cost of attending college and what students and their families are expected to contribute. For a comprehensive review of financial aid programs, specific requirements and related resources, please refer to the Financial Aid webpage or the Student Handbook .

It is important to note that federal financial aid will only pay for classes that are required for the degree or certificate the student is pursuing by the degree declaration on file. Courses taken outside of the declared program will not count for federal aid..

Undergraduate financial aid recipients of grants are typically required to enroll for 12 credits per semester in their declared degree program, which is the federal definition of full-time enrollment (Pell Grants are pro-rated for full-time, three-quarters-time, half-time, and less than half-time). Loan and Work Study recipients must maintain six credits at Mohave Community College each semester in their declared degree program. Federal financial aid recipients may not owe a repayment on grants previously received, or be in default on any federal student loan.

Federal Pell Grant: The Federal Pell Grant is a federal Title IV grant program to help undergraduate students pay for educational costs. The amount of Federal Pell Grant is based on the Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a payment schedule issued by the U.S. Department of Education. The MCC Financial Aid Office will determine if a student meets eligibility criteria and is in an eligible program of study.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): FSEOG is a federal Title IV grant program which provides additional funds from the federal government and a match by MCC, to exceptionally needy students as determined by the FAFSA. FSEOG funds are limited; students are encouraged to file a FAFSA by the priority deadline published each year to be considered for these funds. Award amounts vary and are determined annually.

Federal Work Study (FWS): FWS is a federal Title IV program funded from the federal government and a match by MCC that provides opportunities for students to work part-time and earn income to help meet educational expenses. FWS funds are limited; students are encouraged to file a FAFSA by the priority deadline published each year to be considered for these funds. Award amounts for FWS vary and are determined annually.

Federal Direct Loans: Federal Direct Loans are Title IV funds in the form of low-interest loans made to the borrowers directly by the federal government. Borrowers must file a FAFSA, sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and complete loan entrance counseling prior to receiving loan proceeds. Federal Direct Loans may be subsidized or unsubsidized and may be based on financial need and cost of attendance. Borrowers must be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible. Annual and aggregate limits apply. The federal government pays the interest while the borrower is in school or in deferment status on Federal Direct Subsidized Loans. Interest accrues at all times. Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan interest is capitalized upon entering repayment if the borrower has not paid interest while in school and during the grace period. Additional Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans may be available to independent borrowers.

MCC Scholarship Program: MCC offers a variety of scholarships for new, continuing, and incoming transfer students. These scholarships include recognition for academic success, leadership, and excellence in a particular subject or skill or may be based on financial need. See the Scholarship webpage for program-specific and application information.

Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (LEAP): LEAP is a state and institutional partnership, which provides financial assistance in the form of need-based grants enabling students to attend a college/university in the State of Arizona. LEAP provides aid to low-income, undergraduate students who are Arizona residents with demonstrated financial need. To qualify, students must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen, must be a resident of Arizona, enrolled half-time in an undergraduate program of study and meet satisfactory academic progress standards as determined by MCC. Funds are determined annually and contingent upon funding from the state.

Application Process: All federal and most state financial aid programs require the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Scholarship programs may also require the FAFSA and typically require a separate application. To complete the FAFSA, visit the FAFSA website. Students (and their parents) will need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) to e-sign the FAFSA. To meet Mohave Community College’s priority deadline, make sure you complete your FAFSA application by April 15.

Enrollment and Financial Aid: For information on financial aid requirements, please click here.

Qualified Active Duty Military, Veterans, and Dependents’ Education Benefits

Mohave Community College provides services to qualified active duty military, veterans, and dependents who may be eligible for educational assistance from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Services offered include assistance with the application for education benefits, tutorial assistance, and services for disabled veterans. Veteran students may be eligible to defer their payment of tuition, fees, and books. Veterans must meet satisfactory academic progress to continue using their VA education benefits at MCC. Students using VA education benefits who are found to have met the requirements for academic dismissal as listed in this catalog will have their benefits discontinued and be reported as terminated to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Students meeting the requirements for readmission will be allowed to reinitiate the use of their VA education benefits, although the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs will make the final decision as to whether they will continue to pay out for those education benefits.

It is important to note that the VA will only pay for classes that are required for the degree or certificate the student is pursuing. Courses taken outside of the declared program of pursuit will not be certified for benefits. Please call MCC Connect  or visit an advisor at the nearest MCC campus to obtain the necessary paperwork to start or continue a claim for education benefits. Additional information on VA education benefits may be obtained at Veteran Services or Department of Veterans Affairs. MCC complies with Section 702 of the Veterans Choice Act by charging In-State Tuition rates to “covered individuals.” Please speak with the Veterans Services Advisor for more information. Veterans Education Benefits are subject to the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy.


  • Students who have not paid their outstanding debt by the posted due date will be dropped from all their courses.
  • Outstanding debt includes but not limited to, registration, financial aid chargebacks, insufficient financial aid and insufficient third party pays.
  • If a student is administratively withdrawn or chooses to withdraw from a course(s), s/he is responsible for any balance owed on their account.
  • Students owing money to the college will be placed on an Accounts Receivable (AR) hold.
  • In order to remove the AR hold, a student’s account must be paid in full.

Students who have an outstanding debt to the college will be billed in a three-month billing cycle. MCC’s billing cycle starts after the add/drop period. The student will receive a statement of the amount owed at the beginning of the month, for months one, two, and three. After the third month, the student will be rolled into one of MCC’s national collection agencies.

Important: If the student still shows an outstanding balance after the third month, the account will be considered delinquent and turned over to a collection agency, attorney, and/ or credit bureau. The student will be held responsible, as accepted upon registering in the “Obligations Terms and Conditions” agreement, for collection costs, including any fees charged by the collection agency and attorney’s fees in addition to the outstanding balance.

College Indebtedness Policy

A student who is indebted to the College for an outstanding/overdue financial obligation will have an Accounts Receivable hold placed on his/her account and no further services will be provided, including but not limited to registration, transmitting files, records, or transcripts, or receiving other services that have been requested by such person. However, according to FERPA, the student may obtain an unofficial copy of his/her student records in those circumstances where the individual cannot effectively review his/her student records without receiving such copies.

Nonpayment of financial obligations constitutes authorization for administrative withdrawal of enrollment and removal of the student from all classes. Students who are administratively removed from classes may be required to repay any financial aid funds already disbursed to them. Unpaid debts may be referred to a collection agency and/or a credit bureau and the student will be responsible for payment of collection fees, including any fees charged by the collection agency. Students who wish to dispute outstanding debts will be provided an adjudication process by Bursar’s Office.

Any student who has received financial aid and who drops below the level of eligibility for the amount received may incur an overpayment resulting in a balance due as well as all financial aid received must be returned. The indebtedness policy as outlined above will be followed, resulting in an Accounts Receivable hold and no further services being provided.

For immediate release of the student financial hold, payment must be received in full. Payments may be made:

  • online through JICS/myMohave with a credit card, or
  • in person in the Bursar’s Office on the Kingman campus with a money order or check (requires a 14-day processing period), cash or credit card, or
  • placing a check or money order in the Student Payment Drop Box available on each campus, inside student services, during normal business hours (requires additional receiving time in addition to a 14-day processing period).

If you have any questions regarding your student account/debt, please contact MCC Connect .

Tuition and Fee Refund Policy for Credit Courses

If a student drops a class during that class’s official add/drop period, the student may receive a refund of 100% of tuition and applicable fees paid to the college. This does not include any fees designated as “non-refundable.” All refunds will be issued to students via the Bighorn Card. When the card is received and activated, students can choose how college refunds are received. Refunds are processed within two weeks after the official add/drop period.

Note: Dropping a class can affect financial aid. If you have any questions regarding how to drop a class or would like to speak to an advisor about financial aid before dropping any classes, please contact MCC Connect .

Bighorn Card

Bighorn Card

After registering for classes, new students will receive a Bighorn Card in the mail. The card is the key to selecting the refund preference that best fits your needs. Refunds can be from financial aid, student loans or tuition on a canceled class.

Mohave Community College has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to offer the following refund options:

  1. ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT Money is transferred to another account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from MCC. Typically, it takes 1-2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account. 
  2. ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT TO A BANKMOBILE VIBE ACCOUNT If you open a BankMobile Vibe account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from MCC.

Click here to select your refund preference. 

If you do not select a refund option, a paper check will be mailed to you within 21 days after the funds are received by BankMobile.

Even though you might not be expecting a refund, do not throw the card away…you may receive a refund in the future.

Your Bighorn Card is also your library card. To activate and use your library card, visit the reference desk at your campus library.

If you did not receive your card or if you need a replacement card, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 928-757-0816.

Bighorn Card ATMs

Visit to find the ATM nearest you. 

To view our institution’s contract with BankMobile Disbursements, click here.

For more information about the BankMobile Vibe account, contact  MCC Connect .

Special Circumstances

Approval for special circumstance refunds must be obtained from the chief student services officer. In special circumstances, a student may request to be dropped from all courses after the official add/drop period for one of the following reasons and receive a refund (if applicable) of tuition and net fees (except fees for instruments, tools, or uniform costs):

NOTE: If the student requesting the special circumstances drop has paid for their current courses with financial aid, the student must pay back the financial aid that was received. The special circumstances process does not grant forgiveness for federal Title IV financial aid funds.

  1. Serious illness of student or student’s spouse, parent, child, legal guardian or sibling as long as the request is made prior to the end of the semester in which the illness occurs. The student must produce a verifiable doctor’s statement certifying that their illness or the illness of the relative prevents the student from attending classes.
  2. Death of student, student’s spouse, parent, child, legal guardian, or sibling if the request is made prior to the end of the semester in which the death occurs. The student or the student’s representative must provide a death certificate or newspaper obituary notice as well as proof of relationship (birth certificate, marriage license).
  3. Military service/deployment, if the student who belongs to the armed forces or National Guard is called to active duty and assigned to a duty station distant from the campus. A copy of the military orders must be provided.
  4. Jury duty that requires five days or more of consecutive service. A copy of the court order must be provided.

Note: When courses are dropped through this process, all financial aid received must be repaid by the student. The student needs to meet with an advisor to request a special circumstance refund.

 1098-T (Education Tax Credit)

Starting with tax year 2017, any student enrolled in classes for credit at Mohave Community College will receive a 1098-T tax form for their end-of-year tax reporting. Your 1098-T information will be available to you by January 31 (possibly sooner) and will remain available online for your convenience 24/7 through October 15. To access, simply follow the easy step by step instructions below:

  1. Go to JICS/myMohave.
  2. Select the “Login” feature at the top right-hand corner of the page.
  3. Provide your “Username” and “Password.”
  4. Select “Students” tab at the top of the page.
  5. Select the red link “Account and Payment Information” on the left-hand side of the page.
  6. Select “View your 1098-T Here” on the bottom right-hand side of the page.
  7. PrintEasy as that!
  8. For a summary of each box “Go to My 1098-T Info

If you prefer to receive a printed copy via mail, please send an email to the Bursar’s office no later than October 31st of the current year. All paper forms will be mailed to the address stated within the college administrative system. If you wish to update your information please contact the college’s Registrar department.