- As of August 4, 2016, the hyperlink for the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs was corrected in the Surgical Technology, CST Pathway to AAS program of study introduction.
- As of May 5, 2014, ACC 120 - Using QuickBooks prerequisite was changed to reflect the approved curriculum submission.
- February 6, 2014 - Effective immediately the process for Short Term Emergency Loans has been updated. Please see Financial Information - Short Term Emergency Loans for complete information.
- Notice was received the week of February 3, 2014, that during recent Articulation Task Force (ATF) meetings, the following courses have been designated as SUN courses effective immediately: Design I and Interpersonal Communication.
- As of the spring semester 2013-14, the prerequisite for has been updated to include in addition to the previously stated prerequisite of “C” grade or better in or appropriate score on assessment test. See course decription for complete prerequisite statement.
- As December 13, 2013, the prerequisite for has been updated to reflect the current class admittance process. In addition, the credit breakdown has been changed from five lab hours to 160 externship hours. This does not affect the total credits for the course (4 credits). The Practical Nursing program requested to have additional information included in the Practical Nursing (PN) Certificate regarding the prerequisite requirements. These prerequisites have not changed from the program’s established admission requirements. The intention is to report this information in a more comprehensive manner in the catalog.
- As of October 28, 2013, the Registrar’s Office requested for the following statements to be added under the Transcript Request section: If a student has any indebtedness with the college, it must be cleared up before a transcript request will be processed. Rush delivery orders cannot be sent to P.O. Box addresses.
- As of October 25, 2013, MCC has added a NEW transferable course, PSY 235 - Statistics for Behavioral Sciences . This course satisfies a psychology requirement in our established ASU TAG agreements for the Psychology, BS and BA degrees.
- As of October 2, 2013, (effective January 2014), the Production Technician Certificate has changed as follows: CPT 115 and ENG 136 have been added to the program. Total Certificate Credits were increased from 12 credits to 17 credits.
- As of August 27, 2013, a modification request regarding FERPA Information was submitted by the Registrar’s Office.
- As of July 8, 2013, a correction request was submitted by the Registrar’s Office. The following statement was modified regarding auditing: audited courses do not count as part of the term’s credit load or as credit toward graduation.
- MCC is now a participating school in The Science Education Partnership Program through the University of Arizona. This academic partnership program allows MCC students to complete their first two years of undergraduate studies in the AS, Science degree before completing their BS, Science Education (Biology and Chemistry) from the University of Arizona’s online program. For more information, call MCC Connect to speak to your local campus student services director or visit the following links: “Mohave Grows Science Teachers” Flyer , MCC News: The Science Education Partnership Program , Mohave UA Transfer Pathway Program , and Bachelor of Science, Science Education (Biology & Chemistry) Pathway . (5/23/13)
The following changes have been made since the catalog’s publication date of April 8, 2013:
- As of June 4, 2013, the Welding Technology, AAS was modified. Welding Elective Requirements were reduced from 38 credits to 32 credits. Total Degree Credits were reduced from 89-90 credits to 83-84 credits.
- The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Mohave Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703.706.3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. (Removed officially from probationary status as of December 5, 2013)
- As of April 12, 2013, the Board of Governors approved modifications to the Academic Calendar regarding the Winter Break schedule.
The following curriculum submissions were approved by the Curriculum Committee during the 2012-13 academic year. These approvals are effective for the 2013-14 academic year (unless otherwise noted). For an all-inclusive summary of approved curriculum submissions, see the Committee Proceedings webpage. For specific course packages by prefix, see the Catalogs and Schedules webpage.
- AAS General Education Checklist : The statement, “An integrated academic or vocational course,” was removed from the Technology section.
- Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC - A) added the following courses: AJS 225 , AJS 245 , COM 100 , and EDU 200 .
- Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC - B) added the following courses: AJS 225 , AJS 245 , COM 100 , and EDU 200 .
- Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC - S) added the following courses: AJS 225 and EDU 200 .
- Art, AA
- Business - Business Administration, ABus
- Business and Entrepreneurship, AAS
- Chemical Dependency Studies, AAS
- Computer Graphics and Web Design, AAS
- Computer Information Systems Administration, AAS
- Culinary and Hospitality Management, AAS
- Education - Elementary and Middle School Teacher, AA
- Education - Elementary Teacher, Emphasis in Early Childhood, AA
- Electrical Technology - Electrician Certificate
- Electrical Technology - Industrial Maintenance Certificate
- Electrical Technology, AAS
- Fire Science - Driver/Operator Certificate
- Fire Science - Fire Fighter Certificate
- Fire Science - Fire Officer Certificate
- Fire Science, AAS
- Medical Assisting Insurance Coding Certificate
- Radiologic Technology, AAS
- Welding Technology - AWS SENSE Welding Level I (Entry Level Welder) Certificate
- Welding Technology - AWS SENSE Welding Level II (Advanced Welder) Certificate
- Welding Technology, AAS
- ASL 110 - Fingerspelling I
- BIO 160 - Anatomy and Physiology of Human Structure and Function
- CIS 105 - Computers for Beginners
- ELC 205 - Relay Control Systems
- FSC 131 - Fire Protection Hydraulics and Water Supply (Note: FSC 135 replaces FSC 131)
- PLU 101 - Introduction to Plumbing
- PLU 102 - Intermediate Plumbing Concepts
- RAD 180 - Radiography Clinical Education II (Note: RAD 185 replaces RAD 180)
- TDT 100 - Basic Operation
- TDT 110 - Safe and Advance Operating Practices
- TDT 120 - Vehicle Maintenance
- TDT 130 - Non-Vehicle Activities
- TDT 140 - Preparation for CDL Written Exams
- TDT 150 - Specialized Training
Effective December 2013
Effective May 2014
- Automotive Service Technology, AGS
- General Studies, AAS
- Pharmacy Technology, AAS (effective December 2013)
- Truck Driver Training Certificate
For catalog concerns and/or recommendations: email@example.com. Powered by the Acalog™ Academic Catalog Management System™ (ACMS™).